The Two Moors Way
The Two Moors way
The Two Moors Way is a beautiful long distance walking route that passes through the heart of Devon, starting on the South coast near Wembury and finishing in Lynmouth on the North Devon coast. The total length is near to 120 miles, the walk will pass through Dartmoor National Park, Exmoor National Park and miles of scenic countryside.
We will be leading a small group on this guided walk over a 6 day duration whilst wild camping on route. We will have the assistance of a support vehicle so there will be no need to carry heavy back packs for the day. A day pack will be required for carrying lighter essential items.
Our support vehicle will meet up with us at the end of each day so we can set up camp and relax. During the expedition we will teach you how to navigate using a map and compass and by the time you finish you will have the confidence and knowledge to plan and carry out your own expedition and adventure trips.
We aim to make this trip a memorable experience and have planned it to help carry the burden of bringing the essentials with you for wild camping. This will be a self catering trip, we will have cool boxes on board our support vehicle so you can bring fresh food for the journey.
Your guides are qualified, experienced and certified in first aid.
You will need the following for the trip:
- Practical outdoor clothing
- Water proofs coat and trousers
- Walking boots or good footwear for the trail
- A sleeping bag suitable for season
- Bivvi bag
- Roll mat or inflatable mattress
- Small tent or tarp. (Tents are better for open moorland)
- Mess tins or billy can to cook in
- A Gas stove to cook on and gas
- Knife, fork and spoon also a mug or cup to drink from
- A full water bottle (for drinking)
- means to replenish water i.e. purification tablets or water filter
- A head torch and a spare set of batteries
- Insect repellent
- A whistle for emergencies
- Anti-bacterial wipes / Small wash kit
- A towel
- Small first aid kit
- Change of clothing
- A good compass
- Food for duration
- A rucksack to carry everything in and a day sack for carrying essentials whilst on route
- A notebook and pencil
- Tea or coffee
- Walking poles
The following maps can be used to cover the route
Harvey Two Moors Way map – 1;40,000 .
Ordnance Survey Landranger 1:50,000 180, 181, 191, 202
Ordnance Survey Explorer 1:25,000 9, 20, 28, 113, 114, 127