Survival Bushcraft and Wilderness Skills Weekend
Our Survival Bushcraft and Wilderness Skills Weekend is an action packed event covering many sessions that will leave you feeling more confident in your future outdoor adventures. This course is tailored for all abilities and experiences. We have planned this event so you get the most out of your weekend, learn a lot and enjoy yourself.
Here is what you will get up to:
• Knife safety and cutting techniques
• How to use a tarp
• Game preparation- Bird & Mammal
• Making damper bread
• Shelter building
• Traps, snares and the legal aspects
• Cordage and knots
• Foraging- An insight into edible, medicinal and poisonous flora
• Signalling and rescue
• Knife law and maintenance
• Natural navigation and moving on
• Finding and making safe water
• Fire lighting
All of the sessions that we teach over the duration of this event will be delivered by an experienced member of our team. The sessions will be both informative and hands on. When you arrive in our beautiful woodland camp on Friday our activities will begin. On the first night you will be spending the evening under a tarpaulin, a great way to truly experience the outdoors. The following day you will be making your own shelters from natural resources and sleeping in them.
As action packed as this course is we will give you some down time to do as you wish; perhaps to practice some of your newly found skills or to just sit back and take in the surrounding scenery and wildlife. This really is an unforgettable weekend. Don’t just take our word for it, come along and experience it.
This course will take place at Cotehele, Cornwall.
Start Friday 3pm
Finish Sunday 11.30am
**Age 15+ – Under 18’s to be accompanied by a paying adult.
A great weekend event that is packed with informative hands on sessions. Ideal for anyone wanting to learn or build on existing knowledge of Survival Bushcraft and Wilderness Skills.
- Practical outdoor clothing
- Waterproof outer layers
- Walking boots or similar (Wellies will do if we are in for a wet weekend)
- A few spare warm dry layers for the evening
- A sleeping bag and roll mat
- Mess tins or Billy cans
- Knife, fork and spoon also a mug or cup to drink from
- A full water bottle (for drinking)
- A head torch and a spare set of batteries
- Insect repellent
- A whistle for emergencies
- Anti-bacterial wipes
- Hand Sanitiser
- Small first aid kit
- 1 x lunch and 2 x breakfast meals
Evening meals are provided by SOS
- A notebook and pencil
- cooking stove for meal times
- Plate or bowl for meal times
- Bivvy bag (sleeping bag cover)
- Tea or coffee
- Change of clothing
- 2 x evening meals (Should you prefer to self-cater)